Opus Easycure Silicate is an aqueous solution of metallic silicates which form crystalline, pore filling salts within the concrete surface. Once formed they reduce the loss of moisture and have the additional advantage of a surface hardening effect. It is particularly useful on concrete which is to receive subsequent treatment and where a resin based system is unsuitable due to film degradation time.
Opus Easycure Silicate being water based is devoid of any harmful substances. As such it is VOC compliant and conforms to all regulations. It is not harmful to Marine and Aquatic organisms and can be used in sensitive areas such as river embankments, sea defences and other Marine environments. There is no residual surface leaching once cured.
- Non-staining, non-toxic, non-flammable
- Non-harmful to Aquatic and Marine life.
- Is an integral part of the concrete surface, hardening, dust proofing and assisting in long term curing.
- Can be used in conjunction with some other methods of curing, e.g. curing sheets, winter curing mats, etc.
- Extremely economical and can be spray applied.
- Will not prevent subsequent adhesion of most surface treatments, coatings, cementitious mortars or tiling adhesives, etc.
- Assists concrete to attain maximum strength and durability, minimizing surface shrinkage cracks and dusting.
- Can be supplied with a fugitive dye to assist with the application.
Appearance: Water white liquid.
Specific Gravity: 1.085 @ 150 C.
Freezing Point: -5°C.
Storage Life: 12 months in manufacturers sealed drums.
Recommended for use on formwork cast concrete which has been thoroughly soaked with clean water prior to Opus Easycure Silicate being applied evenly at 5.5 to 6.0 m2 /litre. On fresh concrete surfaces, ensure surface water has dissipated before applying at 5.5 to 6.0 m2 /litre. During normal operating conditions Opus Easycure Silicate can be used on its own to provide effective curing solutions. However, during very hot climatic conditions, contractors may wish to consider using this product in conjunction with a polythene sheet (at least 500 gauge) for at least the first day or in winter conditions with curing mats. Metal sprayers are recommended for application and should be cleaned thoroughly after use with water.
LIMITATIONS & HANDLING
Avoid contact with skin, glass and paintwork. In event of spillage wash off thoroughly with copious amounts of water. Storage & Handling In the event of spillage or contamination remove immediately and wash the affected area with soap and water. The material does not constitute a health hazard provided reasonable care is exercised according to Health and Safety regulations.
20 litre containers, please contact us for prices for larger quantities or 205 litre drums.
Pease note- this is not a stock item, however, we can get items to you within a few days. call the office to discuss your options.