Opus Easytard Gel is a biodegradable aqueous gel type product. Its rheological characteristics enable it to provide a product that may be brushed onto mould surfaces to provide a uniform coating of retardant. Opus Easytard Gel may be applied to complex shaped moulds and vertical surfaces ensuring a uniform coating free from ‘runs’. Opus Easytard Gel is ideally suited for the production of exposed aggregate finishes or for the purpose of producing a surface suitable for keying construction joints at stop ends, or for subsequent plastering operations. Opus Easytard Gel is coloured green as a visual guide when painting the moulds so as to assist in uniform application.
- Not-Harmful to Fish or Aquatic organisms
- Prevents micro-organism growth.
- Easily brush applied to Opus Easywax or moulds providing a uniform coating.
- Once applied no weather protection is necessary.
- Single coat only required.
- Concrete may be placed immediately after application or at a later stage when casting has dried.
- Product is non staining and suitable for all types of cement.
- Opus Easytard Gel is water based with no flammable or toxic solvents present.
- Any residue left on moulds is soft and can easily be removed.
Appearance: Transparent green coloured gel
Freezing Point: Solidifies at approximately 0oC but when the temperature returns to normal the performance of the product is unimpaired.
Chloride content: Nil
PH Value: 9.1 Typically
Opus Easytard Gel is supplied ready to use and should not be diluted. Application may be via a paintbrush or serrated trowel. Over brushing should be avoided. May be used on plain or treated wood, hardboard, fibreglass or steel moulds. If untreated wood is being used for the first time it may be necessary to apply a mould release agent prior to use. Concrete may be placed immediately after the formwork has been coated with the retarder. If the formwork, after coating, is left exposed to the air, a dry surface results which need not be protected from rain. It is recommended that forms are struck within 30 hours following application. Care should be taken to remove traces of retarder by washing prior to reuse of moulds.
3-4 m2 /litre dependent upon surface texture and porosity.
STORAGE & HANDLING
Opus Easytard Gel is supplied in sealed 25 litre containers. No special storage facilities are needed. Spillages should be washed down to avoid slippery surfaces.
To place an order, please call the office for a quote-this is not a product we keep in stock.