Easypatch Cements are pre-packaged, specialised repair cements based on the latest polymer cement technology, they provide a simple, cost effective, rapid repair system for insitu and precast concrete, masonry, screeds, renders, brickwork and blockwork. Easypatch is a structural grade repair product highly suited for use on damaged, honeycombed or spalled concrete, particularly in new construction. They offer low slump, enabling high build in vertical, overhead and other difficult areas of repair without the use of primers or support, and cure to provide a dense waterproof finish. Colour and texture match is easily achieved by mixing shades of grey and white at different ratios using trial mixes. Coloured aggregates can be blended in as well as concrete pigments if necessary.
- Ready to use; simply add clean.
- Supplied in Grey and White grades as standard but can be blended easily for perfect colour match.
- Complete compatibility with substrate concrete properties.
- Very low shrinkage, maintaining high bond strength to substrate ensuring excellent monolithic performance.
- Bond strength is higher than the tensile strength of standard concrete. No special primers.
- Polymer modified to enhance adhesion giving protection from acid gasses, moisture ingress and chloride.
- Rapid strength development, over 10N/mm2 in
- Low alkali content ensures safe usage and minimises the risk of alkali silica
- Waterproof when cured (ISAT).
- Ideal for use in cold and damp.
- Excellent finishing and feather edging.
- A Water Regulations Advisory Scheme listed product (UK WRAS Certification)
- Complies with Clause 6, of DTp Standard BD 27/86 “Materials for the repair of Concrete Highway Structures”.
5-10 minutes dependent upon ambient temperature and water content.
NB: During a plastic state (just prior to the initial set) Easypatch can be cut, shaped and smoothed, use a clean, dampened steel spatula or trowel.
As with concretes, do not apply below 5oC, without a protection system. In hot climatic conditions use good curing practice and keep powder below 25oC.
Ensure the surface for repair is clean and free from any deleterious substances. Laitence should be removed by mechanical means and any oils or greases, etc. can be removed using Opus Degreasant.
Exposed reinforcement should be cleaned and dimensionally checked. With Easypatch there is no requirement for excessive mechanical keying or rebating of edges due to its superior bonding and feather edge capabilities.
NB: Do not attempt repairs at ambient temperatures below 5oC without protective measures.
Easypatch cements do not use a separate primer system. The prepared surface should be thoroughly dampened with clean water, to reduce suction. Remove any excess surface water prior to filling or commencing the repair.
N.B. If concrete to be repaired is new (hours old) use warm water to prevent thermal shock.
Mix Easypatch cements with clean water 12% by weight or 5-6 parts to 1 part water by volume. Mix only enough Easypatch as can be used in a period of 5 minutes (dependent upon the ambient temperature).
Always add the powder to water to ensure ease and thoroughness of mixing without ingress of air.
For large quantity mixes (over 8Kg) at one time mix thoroughly by mechanical means (slow speed drill and paddle) to obtain a cohesive thixotropic material. DO NOT attempt to remix mortars by the addition of more water after initial mixing process is completed. Clean equipment and any spillage with water immediately after use.
- For SMALL REPAIRS and initial layer (25mm maximum depth) of deep repairs use unfilled EASYPATCH cements, this ensures maximum bond and protection. Trowel mix firmly into place on the dampened surface completely encapsulating any exposed steel surfaces. If necessary the repair should be profiled with a steel trowel, cleaned regularly with a damp cloth and allowed to stiffen; typically 4-5 minutes (dependent upon temperature and water content). The surface can than be worked with a clean trowel or polystyrene block to produce the desired finish and any detail introduced. Do not ‘wet down’ the patch during this period or the surface colour will be detrimentally affected.
- For DEEP REPAIRS (above 25mm) apply the material in 25 mm thick layers. This minimises the exothermic reaction and if necessary introduce additional aggregates. The surface of each layer should be well keyed and allowed to cure for 25-30 minutes before lightly damping down and applying subsequent The addition of aggregate will give economy without detrimentally affecting the strength and monolithic state of the repair. Should temporary shuttering or other specialised application techniques be necessary, please contact our Technical Department for further advice.
- PLUGGING and JOINT SEALING applications. For filling of voids, tie holes, block outs or other applications where a waterproof, no shrink, high bond strength, fast setting, cementitious material is required use Easypatch cements can then be used to achieve a final surface cosmetic matched finish to the repair. See EASYPLUG information for details.
Always keep equipment clean, washing off Easypatch mixes with water before they have set. If allowed to set, mechanical cleaning will be required.
Easypatch cement used in small repairs does not normally require curing. However, for large repairs, or use in hot climatic conditions, normal concrete curing techniques are recommended, i.e. damp hessian or white polythene sheet.
Sealed polybags inside: 25Kg self seal poly tubs, 8Kg self seal poly tubs are available upon request.
No precautionary label requirements. Store in dry conditions where possible and always reseal tubs after use. EASYPATCH is supplied with double protection consisting of polybags and sealed tubs, ideally suited for transportation and storage even in the most difficult climatic conditions.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- The principle ingredient of Easypatch is modified Portland cement, non-toxic but alkaline;
- Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and
- Risk of serious damage to
- Keep out of reach of
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of soap and
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face
Pease note- this is not a stock item, however, we can get items to you within a few days. call the office to discuss your options.